Permits and Reservations

Due to COVID-19, group use of parks and preserves is limited.

commercial use

Commercial Use Permits

Marin Health and Human Services currently allows a maximum group size of 12 people.  

Professional dog walkers: Commercial dog walking is not allowed without an approved permit. Permit applicants must provide a permit application, business license, insurance certificate, additional insured endorsement, and other documentation is required, as well as attend a meeting with Parks staff. Learn more about applying for a commercial dog walker permit.

Business use: Any use of a Marin County Parks property involving the exchange of money requires the advance permission of Marin County Parks. An individual or organization conducting business in any Marin County park must apply in advance for a commercial use permit and pay applicable fees. Examples include paid sports coaches, kayaking outfitters, and other businesses. Visit Marin Recovers for more details on which outdoor businesses are allowed to operate at this time.

Commercial film and photography: Because of its unique beauty, many commercial and independent filmmakers and photographers have shot commercials, stock video footage, and more in Marin. Due to the sensitive ecosystems in open space preserves, not all applications are approved. No commercial filming or photography is allowed at Ring Mountain Open Space Preserve.

Email for more information about applying for a commercial use permit.

group reservations

Site Reservations and Special Events

No bookings for site reservations or special events are being accepted at this time, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There is no set date for when reservations will resume, as it depends upon public health guidance.

All existing reservations have been cancelled. For information about a cancelled reservation contact Park Reservations (