Regular Public Meeting
July 27, 2018, 9:00 a.m.
San Geronimo Golf Course, Banquet Room,
5800 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, San Geronimo CA 94963
The Marin County Board of Supervisors encourages a respectful dialogue that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion. Commissioners, staff, and the public are expected to be polite and courteous, and refrain from questioning the character or motives of others. Please help create an atmosphere of respect by not booing, whistling or clapping; by adhering to speaking time limits; and by silencing your cell phone.
- Call to Order
- Public Comment Time
Open time for public expression, up to three minutes per speaker, on items not on today's agenda. Commissioners will hear items without return comment or discussion. Testimony regarding matters not on the agenda will not be considered part of the administrative record.
- Approve Minutes for Meeting Held on April 27, 2018 (Action Item)
- Presentation by San Geronimo Golf Course Staff on Maintenance Updates and IPM Strategies (Information Item)
Golf course Superintendent Craig Zellers will provide an informational presentation on current maintenance operations and IPM strategies. Discussion will be followed by a brief site tour to visit recent projects.
- IPM Coordinator’s 2018 Second Quarter Report (Information Item)
Staff will present an IPM program report for the 2nd quarter of 2018. Topics will include summary of product use, violations and exemptions issued and alternative IPM efforts associated with the County’s IPM program.
- Update by IPM Specialist Katherine Knecht on Japanese Knot Weed (Information Item)
County IPM Specialist Katherine Knecht will provide an informational update on Japanese Knot Weed—an invasive noxious weed—and its geographic extent.
- Presentation by staff and coalition members on the 'Think Before You Spray' Campaign (Information Item)
Commissioner Gopinath will provide an informational presentation on outreach efforts to Marin residents encouraging a reduction in the use of rodenticides when managing pests in residential yards and gardens. The campaign provides resources via the website www.yardsmartmarin.org.
- Call for Nominations for Annual IPM awards (Information Item)
The commission will announce a call for nominations for the 2018 IPM Achievement Award. Commission Chair will announce due dates and protocol for the submission of nominations.
- Commission Member Comments (information Item)
Commission members may briefly speak about items of interest to the commission that does not appear on the agenda. Commissioners cannot discuss or take action on these items.